|SMOScast Episode 1 - A Babe in the Woods
||[May. 7th, 2008|06:22 pm]
SMOScast Episode 1 has just been uploaded (or, more accurately, is in the process of uploading as you read this). Please, come along and listen to Jess and I stumble our way through the first of what we hope is many such aural treats! :)
Episode 1 - A Babe in the Woods (55:27) (MP3 (50.7MB) / ogg (37.4MB))
- 00:00 Intro Music (Throne of Blood http://www.throneofblood.com)
- 00:25 Show Start
- 01:14 Host Introductions
- 04:00 Show Introduction
- 07:25 How to get involved with the show (smoscast at penguicon dot org)
- 09:00 Penguicon 6.0
- 09:19 A note with love and understanding by Jer
- 09:55 Our favorites of 6.0
- 10:53 We aren't at all conceited
- 13:27 Steve GUTTERMAN, not Steve GUTTENBERG
- 13:50 Official Soundbyte!(tm)
- 15:47 Dreamland Theater (http://www.dreamlandtheater.com)
- 16:40 Shoggoth on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgvogA7r5b0)
- 19:07 Guest of Honor lovin'
- 19:43 Woobies: A woman causing a motorboat situation with her breasts!
- 20:40 Tim Leib is teh awesome / Penguicon != Scientology
- 25:42 Jer's phone makes an annoying appearance (35 seconds of pain, oops)
- 28:35 Jess has mathematical difficulty
- 20:28 Matt's missing ConChair Report
- 29:40 Jobs at Penguicon
- 32:17 penguicon.info (Coming soon)
- 33:39 Job Opening: Operations & Ops Staff!
- 34:39 Obscenity Alert - Only 34 minutes late!
- 36:15 consuite at penguicon dot org
- 36:45 Introducing Penguicon *BING*
- 37:06 Job Opening: Sponsorship/Marketing and Staff!
- 39:39 Help Wanted (http://sites.google.com/a/penguicon.org/penguicon-7-planning/help-wanted)
- 42:02 The truth comes out
- 42:13 Meeting List (http://sites.google.com/a/penguicon.org/penguicon-7-planning/milestonesandmeetings)
- 43:17 SMOS explained
- 44:30 Wrap-Up/Kick-Off Meeting recap (Jess's drunken escapades)
- 49:38 Hosting your own SMOS Dinner
- 50:56 We're about done here / Planning for live broadcast
- 51:45 http://www.penguicon.org and http://www.ibloviate.org
- 53:02 Ending matter and license
- 53:15 Closing music (Throne of Blood)
OK, I give. How does one actually download the SMOSCast? A right-click, Save As... on the MP3 link just says that the Internet site is not available or cannot be found. Clicking directly just says the webpage can not be found.
This is some kind of entrance exam, isn't it? We don't deserve to hear the SMOSCast unless we can figure out how to download it. Hmm... perhaps if we treat it like a video game... what else on this page can I click...?
2008-05-08 02:32 am (UTC)
I fixed it, sorry... bad link :)
OK, just listened to, well... a few chunks of the SMOScast. All I'm gonna say is that the next time I see you, Jer, I'm going to ask you what my name is. And you're gonna blow it! And I will laugh. Yes, I will. And you will know I predicted it. Bwah-hah-hah-hah-hah-hah-hah!!
(Oh yes - great job! :) )
2008-05-09 12:28 am (UTC)
Hehe, great, now I'm NEVER going to get your name right again! :)
Ooh, I even get a mention in the inaugural SMOScast. It's nice to hear that you seem to be pleased or amused with that item from ACME.
2008-05-09 01:58 pm (UTC)
Both pleased AND amused! :) PLEMUSED! AMEASED!
Edited at 2008-05-09 01:59 pm (UTC)